2012 Bill of Materials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Bill of Materials

The 2012 Bill of Materials available in the Competition Manual under Section 5, The Tournament subheading unzips as gibberish.

Is there another path to the 2012 Bill of Materials, am I missing something, can we use the 2011 document?

This is the link that I followed:

http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprogr...ated-documents
    Karl Balke
    FRC Team 2673
    Cass Tech High School
    Detroit, MI

Re: 2012 Bill of Materials

The Bill of Materials template is not a Zip file. It is a .xlsx spreadsheet file. This file can be opened natively by Microsoft Office 2007 or later and possibly Open Office 3.0 or greater as well.

To open with MS Office versions between 2000 and 2007 you will need to install the compatibility pack from here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

The Bill of Materials file link has a .zip appendage, so the WINZIP program automatically opens to unzip it.

In the files that are generated, the computer does not recognize a file with the .xlsx appendage.

We have Office 2007 on both of the computers I have tried, with no success.
      Karl Balke
      FRC Team 2673
      Cass Tech High School
      Detroit, MI

Comment

The link labeled "Inspection Bill-of-Materials (BOM) Template" under "Section 5 -The Tournament" of the page you linked to has a .xlsx extension.

I have reproduced the link here:

http://www.usfirst.org/sites/default..._Template.xlsx

If your computer is still choosing to save it as a .zip try right clicking on the link and selecting "Save As" or "Save Link As" depending on your browser.

Technically .xlsx files (as well as other Office 2007 files such as docx) are zip files so it is possible that they are associated with WinZip on your machine. Opening the file from inside Excel using File->Open would circumvent this issue.
        FIRST®
        FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

That did it. Saved the file to the desktop, opened with Excel 2007, and then saved it as a .xlsx spreadsheet.
          Karl Balke
          FRC Team 2673
          Cass Tech High School
          Detroit, MI

Comment

Now that I have the Bill of Materials, I need the stop sticker for the spacebar on the ClassMate and the Main breaker label. I need to pay better attention when the students inventory on day one.

Is there a template I can access and print my own?
            Karl Balke
            FRC Team 2673
            Cass Tech High School
            Detroit, MI

Comment

Originally posted by fizxteacher View Post
              Is there a template I can access and print my own?
              The Main Breaker and Pressure Relief Valve labels can be printed on your own.

The Stop button sticker is not currently posted anywhere. This sticker is more applicable to practice in your shop than competition. On the field during competition you will not use the Spacebar as the E-Stop button, an E-Stop button for each team is provided as part of the field.
              FIRST®
              FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Working...
              X