2014: Times of Kickoff and Stop Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014: Times of Kickoff and Stop Build

Given the historic snows we have had in the east (here in Kentucky we are closing in on the winter of 1978) it seems that we are at a disadvantage to others who have not have multiple snow days where our team is prohibited from working on our robot. Is there any consideration to providing a delay until Thursday or Friday to make up a few of our lost snow days?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwormald View Post
      Given the historic snows we have had in the east (here in Kentucky we are closing in on the winter of 1978) it seems that we are at a disadvantage to others who have not have multiple snow days where our team is prohibited from working on our robot. Is there any consideration to providing a delay until Thursday or Friday to make up a few of our lost snow days?
      Nope. Many teams have experienced multiple snow/ice/cold days this season, from Texas to the Southeast to the East Coast to the Midwest.

Instead of extending time, FIRST has changed the withholding allowance from 30 to 45 pounds. You can now bring 45 pounds of fabricated parts with you to your event, and add them to your robot that you take out of the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwormald View Post
        Is there any consideration to providing a delay until Thursday or Friday to make up a few of our lost snow days?
        As Gary says, FIRST's response is to increase the withholding allowance. They
        posted it to their blog on February 5th.
        The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.

I'm Jason Lindquist, and I approve this message. <jason@see.figure1.net>

Comment

The calendar for the 2015 FRC season has already begun to coalesce, and lo! Stop Build Day is explicitly codified as 11:59pm local time Tuesday, February 17, 2015.

(Well, okay, it says "2014". Copypasta error. The time is still unambiguous!)

The 2015 Kickoff is already explicitly given as 10:30am US Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, January 3, 2015.

Thanks again for the clarity on both dates!
          The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a red zone.

I'm Jason Lindquist, and I approve this message. <jason@see.figure1.net>

Comment

Working...
          X