Power Inverters to power classmate on robot transporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Inverters to power classmate on robot transporter

I am with team 178 and we were wondering if we were allowed to have a power inverter hooked up to a robot battery so that we can charge our classmate in between matches without heading back to the pits.

Thanks!

Re: Power Inverters to power classmate on robot transporter

Originally posted by PattCunningham View Post
    I am with team 178 and we were wondering if we were allowed to have a power inverter hooked up to a robot battery so that we can charge our classmate in between matches without heading back to the pits.

Thanks!
    Patt,

I am not the GDC but, in my opinion, there is nothing in the rules to prohibit this. In fact, we have done this in the past with a "dashboard" computer.

Just be sure that it is done safely...

Note that this would apply to the transporter only and would not, in my opinion, be allowed at the driver's station.

Also, I am aware of your problems in the finals at the Suffield Scimmage. I am advising both os my FRC teams to order an extra classmate battery.

Regards,

Mike
    Mike Betts

Alumnus, Team 177, Bobcat Robotics, 1995 - 2010

As easy as 355/113...

Comment

Re: Power Inverters to power classmate on robot transporter

The external laptop batteries are about the same price and newer ones have powered usb ports. UPS's also work, Charge UPS in the pit and load on the cart, could also use with the driver station.

Comment

Working...
      X