Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 3.1.4, [G20]?????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 3.1.4, [G20]?????????????????????

In Section 3.1.4, [G20] it is stated: “Robots in contact with the carpet on their Alliance Station end of the Court are limited to 60 in tall. Otherwise, Robots are limited to 84 in tall.” Does that mean the part of the court where the red key is for the blue team and vice-versa?

Re: Section 3.1.4, [G20]?????????????????????

The 60" rule applies when you are in the end of the field nearest your driver controls. It limits the defensive height you can use against your opponents who are shooting toward your controls.

Comment

I do not agree.
      In 2.2.6 it define the Alliance station as behind outside the playing area. My interpretation is that the 60 inches is outside the arena.
      The Alliance Station extends back 8 ft from the Alliance Wall, and spans the entire width of the wall. The Alliance Station includes the three Player Stations and one Inbound Station. The Starting Line is marked on the floor 4 ft back from the Alliance Wall, and extends across the width of the Alliance Station. The Alliance Station includes the area behind the Starting Line. All boundaries for the Alliance Stations are marked on the carpet with white tape (Pro Gaff Tape, “white”, 2 in.). The tape boundaries are considered part of the bounded areas

Comment

Originally posted by farehroufa View Post
        I do not agree.
        So that would mean that your robot may only be at it's full height when it is off the field? Is that what you are saying?

Comment

We see it as you can only be your full height on the side of the court where you are scoring and if you are on the side of the court where your alley is you have to be under 60"

Comment

Originally posted by CPraither2660 View Post
            We see it as you can only be your full height on the side of the court where you are scoring and if you are on the side of the court where your alley is you have to be under 60"
            Certainly how I see it.

Comment

please see the attached file.
              If i’m a red robot, can I move in this area with 2.1m or 1.5m ?
              Attached Files

Comment

While touching the carpet anywhere on that half of the field, whether in the area you pointed to or not, you can only be 60 inches tall (~1.5m). If you are a Red Robot on the end of the field nearest your Red driver station, you must stay at 60 inches.
                Last edited by Gary Voshol; 01-24-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X