Kinect Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinect Question

Could you use the Kinect during the autonomous period if it is plugged into your driver station and control your robot from behind the white line?
    The only rule that is see questioning it is G21.

G21
    During AUTO, any control devices worn or held by the DRIVERS must be disconnected from the OPERATOR CONSOLE and not connected until TELEOP.

Violation: FOUL

Re: Kinect Question

Hi gfrasco,

Welcome to the FIRST forums! Forum members are welcome to weigh in with their thoughts/opinions on this issue, but please note that official answers to rules questions can only be obtained through the Q&A after it opens on Wednesday at noon: https://frc-qa.usfirst.org/Questions.php
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

No. Interacting with your robot VIA Kinect would be not autonomous. Autonomous is always without guidance and uses programmed runtimes, not programmed action sequences. There can only be one trigger for the whole programmed runtime.
      -FRC member from team 1769

Comment

Originally posted by Blueturtle View Post
        No. Interacting with your robot VIA Kinect would be not autonomous. Autonomous is always without guidance and uses programmed runtimes, not programmed action sequences. There can only be one trigger for the whole programmed runtime.
        -FRC member from team 1769
        Please don't give incorrect advice when the GDC has already said the Kinect can be attached to the operator console during autonomous.

Q. During Autonomous do the rules allow the use of a Kinect attached to the operator console to provide input to the robot?

A. There are no Rules prohibiting this.
        cite: https://frc-qa.usfirst.org/Question/...t-to-the-robot

Comment

Sorry. I forgot the forums are read from bottom to top, not top to bottom. I thought the last post was the first,regarding entry of the forums. I shouldn't overlook things like that...

Comment

re: o

Also,the answer is in Q&A, not the forums. People who post a question in the forums expect the answer to be posted in the forums.

Sorry my answer was wrong.
            Last edited by Blueturtle; 01-21-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X