Stacking crates and scoring question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacking crates and scoring question

Hello its Will from team 5348 here, and I'm wondering about a rule stated in the kickoff video. It says that gray totes are worth 2 points each on the white stripes. However, it is unclear whether that points are awarded for each tote that is simply placed on the white area or only worth points if they are stacked. Could you receive points for placing rows of 1-tote tall on the designated area?

Also, if only stacked crates grant points, do the bottom crates contribute to the points gained?

If you need more explanation for what I'm saying, let me know. If this should be posted at a different area in the forum or the answer is in the game manual already, I apologize (we cannot access the game manual at this time due to everyone attempting to read it at once).

Thank you for your time!

-Will Cronk
    Team 5348

Re: Stacking crates and scoring question

You receive points for any totes supported by the SCORING PLATFORM. More information is on page 21 of the manual.

Welcome to the FIRST community. I would suggest you look here for more information related to the game. http://forums.usfirst.org/forumdispl...cs-Competition

Comment

Just to clarify, for the totes to score, they may not receive support from any solid source other than the step.

Comment

Originally posted by rtfgnow View Post
        You receive points for any totes supported by the SCORING PLATFORM. More information is on page 21 of the manual.

Welcome to the FIRST community. I would suggest you look here for more information related to the game. http://forums.usfirst.org/forumdispl...cs-Competition
        Thanks for the help, and I got the manual so I looked up the rules.

This is my second year and I know how it all works and merely wanted to check on a rule not specified that I could find, but thanks for welcoming me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhitern1 View Post
          Just to clarify, for the totes to score, they may not receive support from any solid source other than the step.
          There is some gray (no pun intended) area in your question.

In autonomous mode you can get a TOTE STACK if the requirements listed in 3.1.2.1 are met.
          In teleop mode you can score gray totes by meeting the requirements in 3.1.2.3, which includes being fully supported by a scoring platform.
          For coopertition points, you must meet the requirements in 3.1.2.2, which includes having four yellow totes supported by the step.

Comment

Working...
          X