Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Prohibited Interactions With Field Elements

Team 2107 here,

Game Manual (Page 25, G16) states a robot cannot grab, grasp, or grabble. Can an Admin elaborate on those interactions. We're trying to figure out how we want to pick up totes, and want to know if we can take advantage of the lips on the side of the tote to lift it.

Thanks for Reading,

Earle Harris
    Team 2107

Re: Question Regarding Prohibited Interactions With Field Elements

Note that Items A-D on the list in that rule are specifically excluded for Totes, Containers and Litter.

Comment

For an official answer to any rules questions you will have to wait until the official Game Q&A system opens on Wednesday: https://frc-qa.usfirst.org/Questions.php

Other users (such as Gary above) may be able to provide unofficial answers that you may find helpful.
      FIRST®
      FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

The Game Manual does not have the order of whether the littler has to be placed into the bin before or after it is stacked. (At least that I could find) Is there a specific order in which it has to be placed, (i.e. after the can is placed on the tote stack?) or can it be placed into the can before getting stacked?
        If you have clarification, thank you!

Kyle Ronsberg
        Captain, FRC Team 2501

Comment

Originally posted by 2501Captain View Post
          The Game Manual does not have the order of whether the littler has to be placed into the bin before or after it is stacked. (At least that I could find) Is there a specific order in which it has to be placed, (i.e. after the can is placed on the tote stack?) or can it be placed into the can before getting stacked?
          If you have clarification, thank you!
          This is unofficial, but I refer you to the top of page 21 of the game manual:
          LITTER
          Each LITTER can be scored in one (1) of three (3) ways:
          A. in or on a scored RECYCLING CONTAINER,
          B. in the Red or Blue LANDFILL ZONE, or
          C. as UNPROCESSED LITTER on either the Red or Blue side of the FIELD.
          When a scored RECYCLING CONTAINER fully supports a LITTER, that LITTER is considered scored in or on that RECYCLING
          CONTAINER, as demonstrated in Figure 3-5 Parts A and B. A maximum of one (1) LITTER will be scored per RECYCLING
          CONTAINER.
          There is nothing about order of placement. Also, note the last sentence of 3.1.2:
          TELEOP scores, with the exception
          of Coopertition, are assessed based on the state of the FIELD when the ARENA timer displays zero (0), or, if not all elements have
          come to rest, five (5) seconds after the ARENA timer displays zero (0).
          This means that if the stack gets knocked over before the match ends, none of the teleop points (totes, RCs, or litter) are actually scored. This means that as the match goes on, you should become more and more careful not to de-score the points already set up by your robot and your alliance partners.

Comment

Working...
          X