Carrying or Not Carrying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying or Not Carrying?

We were wondering if you intentionally kick the ball on top of your robot - (i.e. using your robot as a ramp - see attached image) would it count as CARRYING when the ball is left the floor?
    Attached Files

Re: Carrying or Not Carrying?

That would definitely fall under the category of intentionally carrying the balls because you have clearly picked them up off the floor. My question is what happens if you wait under the return ramps and they fall on your head?

Comment

Re: Carrying or Not Carrying?

Originally posted by 2010FRC2859 View Post
      We were wondering if you intentionally kick the ball on top of your robot - (i.e. using your robot as a ramp - see attached image) would it count as CARRYING when the ball is left the floor?
      Good Question. I see a lot of attention being directed toward the landing zone where returning balls land back on the field. Can a stationary robot have a passive "backboard" or "funnel" that uses only the balls' ramp imparted energy to redirect them back toward the goals? If such designs are permanently fixed on robot & never move, are they legal? If such designs can be aimed, but are stationary while balls are in contact with them, is that legal. What if the the ENTIRE ROBOT MOVES to aim or accelerate this redirecting impact between their static surfaces and the balls coming off the return ramp, is this legal?

This is critical info needed to determine an overall strategy which will then dictate the design of the robot. Time marches on and initial primary strategy choices must me finalized ASAP.
      -RRLedford, mentor:
      3135 Robotic Colonels Francis W. Parker Schoool Chicago, IL
      Last edited by RRLedford; 01-14-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X