Rule <G30>

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule <G30>

The only constraint to expanding beyond the normal configuration during the teleoperated period is physical contact with the tower. Is this a correct interpretation?

Also, the robot can expand to the 84 inch finale configuration at this time. Is this also a correct interpretation?

Is this action in any way reversable?

Re: Rule &lt;G30&gt;

Originally posted by rcmolloy View Post
    The only constraint to expanding beyond the normal configuration during the teleoperated period is physical contact with the tower. Is this a correct interpretation?
    False. You can also expand during the FINALE period when not in contact with the tower. FINALE is part of teleoperated mode.

Also, the robot can expand to the 84 inch finale configuration at this time. Is this also a correct interpretation?
    True.

Is this action in any way reversable?
    I find nothing to state that it is not reversable. In fact, I'd expect many robots would shrink back into NORMAL CONFIGURATION as part of the process of lifting themselves into ELEVATED or SUSPENDED positions.

Comment

In reference to rule <G30> part c, can this extension while touching the tower be done at any point in teleoperated mode?

Also in reference to this rule, can we move away from the tower while still in the extended position?

Also in reference to the same rule, can the robot return to normal configuration during the teleoperated period?

Comment

Again, these are all my opinions here. That and a few bucks will buy Dave a box of Krispy Kremes. If you want official answers, you will have to use your team account to submit to the Q&A portion of this site.

Originally posted by rcmolloy View Post
        In reference to rule <G30> part c, can this extension while touching the tower be done at any point in teleoperated mode?
        Yes. Or even in autonomous, should you desire.

Also in reference to this rule, can we move away from the tower while still in the extended position?
        There is no provision for that in the rules. My opinion is that if you do it under your own control, you will suffer a penalty. If an opponent pushes you out of contact with the tower, you should not get a penalty if you attemt to correct the situation asap.

Also in reference to the same rule, can the robot return to normal configuration during the teleoperated period?
        I find nothing in the rules that would restrict this.

Comment

Working...
        X