DOGMA in the Finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOGMA in the Finale

We are currently trying to get our Q&A ID and Password reset and I can't post this question to the GDC. We have not seen a definitive answer from the GDC to the question about how unreturned balls that have a negative time assigned to them will be judged at the end of the game.

Example: Ball scored with game clock at 5 seconds is assigned a return time of -6, assuming it is the only ball in the return queue, and is not returned by end of game.

The GDC has stated that there is nothing to prohibit scoring balls in the finale and it would seem safe to think there would be no penalty in the above example but......it would certainly affect end game strategy if the rule were updated to change negative times to equal zero. I'll ask the question soon but was wondering if I had missed the answer somewhere.
    A Texan in Michigan
    "What, Me Worry?"

Re: DOGMA in the Finale

Originally posted by ExTex View Post
    We are currently trying to get our Q&A ID and Password reset and I can't post this question to the GDC. We have not seen a definitive answer from the GDC to the question about how unreturned balls that have a negative time assigned to them will be judged at the end of the game.

Example: Ball scored with game clock at 5 seconds is assigned a return time of -6, assuming it is the only ball in the return queue, and is not returned by end of game.

The GDC has stated that there is nothing to prohibit scoring balls in the finale and it would seem safe to think there would be no penalty in the above example but......it would certainly affect end game strategy if the rule were updated to change negative times to equal zero. I'll ask the question soon but was wondering if I had missed the answer somewhere.
    AND, what happens if the ball IS returned, but gets hung up on one of your robots hanging on the tower??

~

Comment

Working...
    X