Logo-motion first logo bonus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo-motion first logo bonus.

My team was talking, and we were wondering if the 2X logo bonus applies to all six pegs in that row, or just the three in that "section" of the row. The rules are not specific on this. Any information will be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Eric-Raider FRC

Re: Logo-motion first logo bonus.

3003 scoring video is a good overview of the scoring system.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fag3L...=youtube_gdata

Its best to read the rules very carefully and aloud to other team members. This will reduce confusion about the game details.
    FRC # 2587 - Disco Bots
    Andrew Lynch

Comment

My team is wondering you go triangle circle square circle square does that double as its the first logo and then the mirrored image.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul E. Lathrop View Post
        My team is wondering you go triangle circle square circle square does that double as its the first logo and then the mirrored image.
        There's only 3 pegs on the grid. There are two separate grids.

SCORING GRID (GRID) – used to receive GAME PIECES placed by the ROBOTS as they play LogoMotion. There are four SCORING GRIDS on the FIELD, two located immediately in front of each ALLIANCE STATION and attached to the ALLIANCE WALL
        LOGO – a series of LOGO PIECES on the same row of a single SCORING GRID in the order of TRIANGLE-CIRCLE-SQUARE when read from left to right on a single row while looking at a SCORING GRID from the FIELD.

Comment

I was wondering about the wording of <G66>

It says receives a LOGO BONUS that EFFECTIVELY doubles the score. Does this mean that the logo bonus is worth 3*the row created in, or does it mean that it doubles the row score.

Code:
          Sample score:
          second row

T = triangle
          C = Circle
          S = Square
          U = ubertube

| | |
          T U S
            C
          This means something when you score on top of ubertubes. In the first wording. The second peg would get 2, doubled for the ubertube (4) plus a LOGO BONUS of 2, bringing the score to 6.

In the second wording, The second peg would get two, doubled (4) and doubled by the logo bonus, bringing the score to 8.

I think the idea was the second meathod but the 'effectivaly' is bothering me because I think they could have just written 'doubles the score of the row'.
          Kevin

854 The Iron Bears
          Martingrove CI
          Toronto, Ontario

Comment

youarefunny:

When it says "effectively", it's because the LOGO BONUS is not actually added to the PEG SCORE, but is added after the match as a bonus to the final score.

Here are the scoring definitions:

<G65> The PEG SCORE is the sum of points determined by the positions of the GAME PIECES on each SCORING GRID. A LOGO PIECE HANGING in front of an UBERTUBE doubles the points for that SCORING PEG. The table below gives the value for each LOGO PIECE HANGING on a SCORING PEG.

<G66> If three LOGO PIECES form a LOGO, the assigned points from the PEG SCORE in that row of that SCORING GRID are given as an additional LOGO BONUS, effectively doubling the score of the row.
            So, the LOGO BONUS is whatever the PEG SCORE in the row is, and the PEG SCORE includes the UBERTUBE calculation. The equation for your example would be:

(2+2(2)+2) = 8 = PG = LB

EffectiveScore = PG+LB = 2*PG = 16
            4th year high school
            Team 663, Robonauts
            Originally posted by chris greene
            wait soo is Bryce663 the rule master?
            I am now! Fear my power! >:3

Comment

Thank you very much that clears it up a lot. I see where I went off track. Instead of giving the logo bonus as a fixed score it is added after the ubertube bonus. I get it now.

Thanks again. Good luck in the competition.
              Kevin

854 The Iron Bears
              Martingrove CI
              Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by lyncas View Post
                3003 scoring video is a good overview of the scoring system.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fag3L...=youtube_gdata

Its best to read the rules very carefully and aloud to other team members. This will reduce confusion about the game details.
                love the video but ive seen that the three uber tubes stackt up together is almost imposible because of there with

Comment

Working...
                X