Minibot Questions - Parts and Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minibot Questions - Parts and Game

1. Can we use Tetrix tank tread on the minibot? I looked at the KoP list for Tetrix as listed in the team update, but could not see this listed and wasn't sure if this was allowed or not. Tetrix tank treads are sold by Pitsco/Lego.

2. Can the Tetrix wheels (3") be altered to reduce friction on the steel pole?

3. The Tetrix chain that is listed on the Tetrix KoP (I assume since it is listed, we can use it on the minibot), can someone tell us if this is the same kind of chain (#35) that comes in the FRC kit or is it another type?

4. Does the minibot have to trigger all 3 sensors or just one of the three should be enough as long as it hits it with 2-4N force?

5. Can some one clarify the interpretation of the game rules - the 10 sec endgame includes the deployment of the minibot and minibot to climb up and hit the trigger? can the minibot be deployed a few seconds before the last 10 sec end game, but will be allowed to climb only during the last 10 sec.

Thanks

Re: Minibot Questions - Parts and Game

1) I would say no, since the update specifically stated that the official list of usable tetrix parts was at teh provided link.

EDIT - If you look at Game update #5, tank treads have been added to the approved list.

2) GDC in the Q&A has already said that Tetrix parts may be modified.

3) I don't know.

4) GDC in the Q&A said only 1 sensor needs to be triggered by 4 N force.

5) The rules spcifically state that a minibot cannot be deployed during the teleoperated period. Deployment is defind as when the minibot crosses the vertical projection of the tower base.
    Last edited by bq041; 01-26-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

New minibot question:
      The minibot cannot leave the host bot during the main game without being penalized,right?
      What if the host bot got flipped over and the mini bot dropped off?
      What if the host bot got flipped over and the mini bot deploys to flip it over?

Comment

Minibot Batteries shall be mounted on minibot?... or can be left on hostbot having power through a long cable?

thanks
        Leonardo A. Hernandez

CETC N&M Sr. Controls Engineer, CME GM Mexico
        ABTOMAT - TEAM #3480 Mentor

Comment

Originally posted by leonardohq View Post
          Minibot Batteries shall be mounted on minibot?... or can be left on hostbot having power through a long cable?

thanks
          No, the MINIBOT must disconnect from the HOSTBOT before it crosses the DEPLOYMENT LINE.

<G21> HOSTBOTS may DEPLOY MINIBOTS only onto their ALLIANCE‟S TOWERS and entirely below the DEPLOYMENT LINE. Violation: RED CARD. TOWER is disabled if MINIBOT is DEPLOYED above the DEPLOYMENT LINE.
          DEPLOYMENT – the act of positioning a MINIBOT on a TOWER. DEPLOYMENT starts when the MINIBOT breaks the vertical projection of the TOWER BASE circumference. DEPLOYMENT ends when the HOSTBOT is no longer in contact with the MINIBOT. (Related form, DEPLOY, verb)
          (emphasis mine)

Comment

Working...
          X