Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mini-bot pre-startup question

Originally posted by bq041 View Post
    I understand what you want to do. I meant that I do not understand why anyone would want to start the motors prior to deployment.

1) It is just a waste of charge.
    2) If you need more time than between the hostbot and the pole to get the wheels up to speed, then you fall under the prohibited flywheel category.
    We don't use the minibot for any more than 15 seconds a match, and we are trying to waste as less time as possible. I'm just getting ideas. I'm not the one doing the wheels, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for your input, though!

Comment

After re-reading G19 again and again, I have come to the conclusion that you can't activate the stored electrical energy on the minibot until it breaks the tower base deployment plane, and no sooner than the start of the end game. Clarification of this issue must come from the GDC ASAP.
      Last edited by 2011FRC0175; 01-30-2011, 10:51 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by 2011FRC0175 View Post
        After re-reading G19 again and again, I have come to the conclusion that you can't activate the stored electrical energy on the minibot until it breaks the tower base deployment plane, and no sooner than the start of the end. Clarification of this issue must come from the GDC ASAP.
        Agreed.

Comment

Working...
        X