Question about herding/possessing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about herding/possessing

Setting a scene: if there is a tube in front of your pegs on the ground (like the white tube in the picture below), and you drive into it, pushing it a couple of inches to get closer to your peg, is this considered herding? By the definition, it seems it would be, but we're confused as to how a situation like this would be enforced.

pic:
    Team 3044 - 0xBE4 - Ballston Spa, NY

Re: Question about herding/possessing

Originally posted by damemi View Post
    Setting a scene: if there is a tube in front of your pegs on the ground (like the white tube in the picture below), and you drive into it, pushing it a couple of inches to get closer to your peg, is this considered herding? By the definition, it seems it would be, but we're confused as to how a situation like this would be enforced.

pic:
    Personally, I'd let it pass, as long as you're not driving the tube across the field. That's more of the definition of herding. FIRST is usually pretty lenient, but to be sure, you should ask them. I don't know why, but some FIRST people came to our meeting today to see how we were doing (They said they were going around to every team), and answered any questions we asked. If else, you can always e-mail a FIRST judge or anybody at FIRST. Tell them no one has an absolute idea on the forum, and they should answer. If that fails, then your best hope is to either contact the judges in your regional competition, or wait for an absolute answer.

I hope this helps!

Comment

We considered a cow catcher like device or a swinging bar to swat grounded tubes out of the way. However, since we are a newbie team, that would be a last minute implementation for us...

Comment

It will be a call by the referees during the game. At issue is what they will consider "inadvertent". I would be sure to get clarification during the driver's meeting at the event.

JMHO
        Mike Betts

Alumnus, Team 177, Bobcat Robotics, 1995 - 2010

As easy as 355/113...

Comment

Thank you everybody
          Team 3044 - 0xBE4 - Ballston Spa, NY

Comment

Working...
          X