Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping robot pieces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keeping robot pieces

    Does anyone know if we are allowed to take pieces off the robot, bag and box the robot, work on the pieces after build season, and re-attach the built pieces when the competition starts?

  • #2
    Re: Keeping robot pieces

    Originally posted by SuperNerd256 View Post
    Does anyone know if we are allowed to take pieces off the robot, bag and box the robot, work on the pieces after build season, and re-attach the built pieces when the competition starts?
    Yes. Search for the term WITHHOLDING ALLOWANCE in the rules in sections 1, 4 and 5 to insure that you do it correctly
    Mike Betts

    Alumnus, Team 177, Bobcat Robotics, 1995 - 2010

    As easy as 355/113...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Keeping robot pieces

      So, If our whole arm structure including servos, motors, wiring... weighs less than 30 LBs, we can carry it in to the competition? In fact, if the whole robot weighed less that 30 LBs, we need not ship anything? That seems obsurd. Could you help me understand better?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Keeping robot pieces

        Originally posted by wilhitern1 View Post
        So, If our whole arm structure including servos, motors, wiring... weighs less than 30 LBs, we can carry it in to the competition?
        Yes, our team is withholding the end effector for this reason (and also to avoid any risk of shipping damage).

        Originally posted by wilhitern1 View Post
        If the whole robot weighed less that 30 LBs, we need not ship anything? That seems absurd.
        Yes, you could legally do this. However, a 30 pound robot on a field of 120 pound robots might have a hard time holding it's own. Some rather small (<100 pound) robots played last year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Keeping robot pieces

          Originally posted by RSaunders View Post
          Yes, our team is withholding the end effector for this reason (and also to avoid any risk of shipping damage).



          Yes, you could legally do this. However, a 30 pound robot on a field of 120 pound robots might have a hard time holding it's own. Some rather small (<100 pound) robots played last year.
          We're just keeping our minibot deployment system and the minibot.

          Comment

          Working...
          X