X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someonewhobikes
    replied
    Re: Reflector Lights

We got a *very* nice reflection off the target using a battery-powered LED flashlight in a brightly-lit room, from 13 feet away. So I'm not sure that arena conditions will prohibit lighting up the target, although I suspect that 50 feet might be unrealistic.

Note that the reflection is very directional; you only get a few degrees from either side of the light.

Leave a comment:

• StealthRobotics
    replied

Actually, there is an official PDF floating around that not only states that such lighting mechanisms are allowed, but describes how to design one. Since the tape is retro-reflective, using if would require such a lighting mechanism to be placed near or around your camera.

Leave a comment:

• RSaunders
    replied

Originally posted by Athaker View Post
    Can we use lights in order to illuminate the reflective tape on the backboard?
    This is not an official answer, you need to go to the official Q&A for that. However, I think you need to keep your expectations reasonable when it comes to illumination on the field. The distances are large, the facility lighting is professional equipment with substantial power. You ability to influence the situation with something you power from your robot seems quite limited. Moreover, if your robot depends on your lighting for some score relevant function, it might work fine at home but not work on the competition field.

My opinion, even though you can, you shouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• Athaker
    started a topic Reflector Lights

Reflector Lights

Can we use lights in order to illuminate the reflective tape on the backboard?
Working...
X