Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot Desgin

Hi, Team 3794 needs yout help please :S

Our robot has a total height of 15 in of frame perimeter from floor to the last metal profile.

In Robot Rules, it says that frame perimeter must not exceed from 2 in to 10 in from floor, so do we have to minimize our height of the perimeter? or in the check in the 2 in from 10 in from floor is just taken for the first metal profile of the perimeter??

I uploaded a photo of a part of the robot that shows the 15 in... do we have tu cut down to 10 in??
    Attached Files
    WinT 3794!!
    THE SPIRIT OF TOLUCA!

Re: Robot Desgin

The outermost parts of your Robot form the Frame Perimeter. The rules say that must be in the Bumper Zone, 2 to 10 inches off the floor. Nothing outside the Bumper Zone can be wider than what is in the Bumper Zone.

PS. Why did you post this in the forum that is dedicated to issues about the site? More people would see it in a more general location.

Comment

I was desesperate and this i was tired i didnt know what i was doing

But in conclusion, do we have to minimize the metal profile to 10 in to be part of the bumper zone?
      WinT 3794!!
      THE SPIRIT OF TOLUCA!

Comment

Rule R27 says you need minimum 8 inches of bumper coverage on each side of each exterior vertex. (Vertex meaning the front or side of the robot) Mounting the bumpers along the sides and rear of your chassis may be fine, but you may need to integrate another frame member to allow mounting bumpers up to the front most corners of the robot withing the 2-10" height.

The primary concern is having bumper coverage at the four corners. So the two front corners will need bumpers that extend from both sides as well as minimum 8 inch bumpers on the left and right of the front edge of the robot.

Rule R35 also requires the team number on 4 sides of the robot on the bumpers, so make sure theres space on a front bumper for your team number.

Why are you driving two mecanum wheels off one gearbox? that defeats the purpose of those wheels for much added weight.

Comment

Thanks for the first info, so i understand that we can use like that but on the front corners, we put bumper between de 2-10" height??

And we use mecanum cause we dont have another wheels, the other wheel, dont work to pass the barrier and we use the other 2 CIM motor permited on the cannon and the ball collector
          WinT 3794!!
          THE SPIRIT OF TOLUCA!

Comment

Working...
          X