Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Regulations

Hello,

I am currently making reversible bumpers for my teams robot that will enable us to change the color of our robot without removing the bumpers from our robot. As I was doing so I came across a problem, I was wondering if the bumper regulations prohibit any color from showing on the bumper other than the color of our alliance (red or blue). I want to put black fabric on the edges of my bumpers so that the pool noodles will stay covered, and we can switch the color of the bumpers without changing them. Am I allowed to put black fabric on the edges of the bumpers to cover the pool noodles, as long as the color of the bumpers is predominantly red or blue according to our colored alliance. Do the bumpers need to be one solid color, or as long as the bumper is clearly showing red or blue is it okay?

Team 3196 (Team Spork)

Re: Bumper Regulations

Welcome to the FIRST Forums.

Official answers can only be found through the FRC Q&A http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprogr...c/game-q-and-a. You will need your team's log-in information from TIMS to submit a question.

Comment

Hello, I am searching for that same information. In past years and in the FIRST rule book the entire bumper had to be securely covered in either red or blue during play. Have they changed or waived this rule with the invention of the reversible bumper? I sure hope there aren't teams disqualified by this if so

Comment

Please see the latest Team Update (2/11/2014) which changes the Bumper Rules.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X