Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal cost items / 10 Inch Mecanum Wheel Set

Good Evening-

The 10 Inch Mecanum Wheel Set as sold by AM is 710$. That exceeds the 400$ price limit, but each individual wheel is less than 400$.

I am of the opinion that the wheels are not FIRST legal. Members of our team disagree.

My interpretation is: You must have all 4 wheels together in order for the effect to work, thus all four are considered a single 'component', and thus explicitly forbidden.

Please confirm or refute my logic.

Re: Legal cost items / 10 Inch Mecanum Wheel Set

Check how this will be billed. If it's two am-0201 and two am-0257 (left and right wheels, respectively), with a $10 discount, you'd be OK.

Comment

Re: Legal cost items / 10 Inch Mecanum Wheel Set

4 mecanum wheels by themselves have no function. They must be bolted to a chassis and have 4 motors driving them. Do you consider the entire drive train to be a component?

Since the 4 mecanum wheels have no function, they could be separated into 4 separate mecanum wheels without destroying the functionality.

If you really think this needs clarification in the rules, you need to have your team's Q/A person ask the question in your in the official Q/A forums: http://forums.usfirst.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1407
      Team 330 beta tester

Comment

Working...
      X