Minibot Electronics-What is allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minibot Electronics-What is allowed

Can teams use homemade logic circuits instead of Lego controllers to control the minibot? If yes, what precautions must be implemented in the circuit (Fuses, Circuit breakers,...)?
    Thanks,
    Nishant

Re: Minibot Electronics-What is allowed

if it only uses the parts that are legal for minibots, yes, if it uses anything else, no, as long as wires are an appropriate gauge, there are no rules about how you have to wire or program your minibot
    CORE 2062
    6 Safety Awards and Counting

Comment

Originally posted by Nishant View Post
      Can teams use homemade logic circuits instead of Lego controllers to control the minibot? If yes, what precautions must be implemented in the circuit (Fuses, Circuit breakers,...)?
      Thanks,
      Nishant
      How about electrical components from your neighborhood RadioShack/component distributor? These components are not specifically noted, but provide a learning experience that is inexpensive, and advantageous. (say a power transformer?)

Comment

Basically, I want to make a simple 15$ logic circuit instead of buying a 200$ controller set (Hitechnic DC controller + NXT + Support cables).

Comment

The list of parts for MINIBOTS in the manual are the only parts that may be used. Anything else, illegal.
          4th year high school
          Team 663, Robonauts
          Originally posted by chris greene
          wait soo is Bryce663 the rule master?
          I am now! Fear my power! >:3

Comment

While you don't need an NXT, just a couple of limit switches would be OK.

Comment

Working...
            X