Pneumatic Arm Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneumatic Arm Design

so I've chosen to go with a simple arm:arm.jpg and i need help figuring out a quick and easy parts lists have a little bit done.
    Cody Olive - Head Electrician
    Team 3813 - Pierce County Skills Center

Re: Pneumatic Arm Design

it looks like an interesting design but i don't understand the purpose of the finishing nail. are you planning to intentionally deflate the game pieces?

Comment

sorry i forgot to mention this will have a claw powered by pneumatics and motors to move the arms.

Comment

Interesting design! I have thought about doing the same with my team. We are a rookie team so this is all new to us. If you can share any information on your progress on this please let me know. We are kinda at a stalemate right now and not getting very far. But any help or any more information would be very helpful!

Comment

Well heres what we have so far for the base we will use a 1/8" sheet of aluminum to cover an 11"x8" Space measure and mark the very middle of the bot for a center point. next, take two 1-1/8" aluminum square tubbing 1/8" thick 4" high with space for the middle arm and belt sprocket so that it is centered and weld them on the base next take two 40" long 1" square tubbing 1/8" thick bolt it to the 4" inch stubs above. next take another tube same as above put it at the top with an aluminum rod 1/4" thick, a belt sprocket, long belt, and banebots 775 motor to move it up and down. next do the same thing with another bar at the top but with a shorter belt, banebots 550 or 540 (IDR Which one is in the kit) motor, and bigger tubbing. and use pneumatics for the claw which is still in a design phase.

Comment

Working...
          X