Diameter restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diameter restrictions

Is the minibot included in the 84" diameter restriction placed on the large robot? Or can it theroretically rest on the end of a 84" robot so that only the minibot is past the 84" mark? Thanks.

Re: Diameter restrictions

I believe that the minibot has to be within the diameter due to it being apart of the hostbot for most of the competition.
    1138 Eagle Engineering

Comment

My impression is that once it fully detatches, it no longer counts. However, if some kind of arm extends it to the pole, the minibot would count while it was touching the arm. If it crawled free of the megabot unsupported, then as soon as it cleared, it would no longer count.

Comment

Originally posted by clovisnorthrobotics View Post
        Is the minibot included in the 84" diameter restriction placed on the large robot? Or can it theroretically rest on the end of a 84" robot so that only the minibot is past the 84" mark? Thanks.
        Please read rule <R11> in its entirety. The Minibot is not considered part of the ROBOT and is not included in the weight and volume assessment.

To other posters before me. Please do not answer unless you KNOW what you are talking about. There are teams reading this stuff who may believe you and act on your comments.

Regards,

Mike

Postscript: Gee... I wonder what else is not included?
        Mike Betts

Alumnus, Team 177, Bobcat Robotics, 1995 - 2010

As easy as 355/113...

Comment

Once again, the rules have used the word ROBOT where it should have used HOSTBOT. This causes the confusion when interpreting <R11>.

It is further confused by the wording of <G40>:
          <G40> ROBOTS or HOSTBOTS may not exceed PLAYING CONFIGURATION at any time. Violation: PENALTY for unintentional, momentary violations. RED CARD for intentional or continuous violations.
          And in definitions, we find:
          ROBOT – the composite electromechanical assembly designed and built by a FRC team to perform specific tasks when competing in the 2011 competition LOGO MOTION. The ROBOT must include all the basic systems required to be an active participant in the game – power, communications, control, mobility, and actuation. The ROBOT implementation must obviously follow a design approach intended to play the 2011 FRC game (e.g. a box of unassembled parts placed on the FIELD, or a ROBOT designed to play a different game, would not satisfy this definition). The ROBOT includes both the HOSTBOT and one MINIBOT (ROBOT = HOSTBOT + MINIBOT).
          (emphasis mine)

It is therefore not surprising that people miss the fact that the MINIBOT does not count in either weight or size restrictions.

Comment

Working...
          X