Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Launching FRCUserProgram' has encountered a problem. Error Starting process.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Launching FRCUserProgram' has encountered a problem. Error Starting process.

I'm quite new to the programming perspective of Robots, and upon finishing setting up Eclipse. I open up the Getting Started build and open Robot.cpp and I click run. Immediatly this window opens.
    Capture.jpg

I have looked into the Debug folder and FRCUserProgram is there, I've looked up why it wouldn't launch and I couldn't find anything that could help me.
    Capture1.jpg

If anyone can help, please do.
    Im running Eclipse Mars2.0 with Cygwin on Windows 10 if that makes any difference.

Sincerely,
    Python_geek
    Attached Files

Re: 'Launching FRCUserProgram' has encountered a problem. Error Starting process.

Sorry for taking so long to see this (looks like I need to check on my e-mail subscriptions!).

You say "run", do you mean you tried to use the Eclipse run arrow, or you tried to run it using the WPILib Deploy menu item. The run arrow will try to run the program on your machine which will fail (it's compiled for ARM and requires the roboRIO FPGA and other roboRIO specifics to be there to run properly).

This document has more detail on running your program on your roboRIO (specifically "Loading a program to run on robot startup"): http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/...to-the-roborio
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Working...
    X