Compressor/Spike Relay problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor/Spike Relay problems

I am having problems programming a compressor. I have initiated a Compressor variable thus:
    Code:
    Compressor theCompressor = new Compressor(4, 1, 4, 1)
    I have also called theCompressor.start() in the autonomous mode function.
    The spike relay is, I am fairly certain, wired correctly to relay port 1 on the digital sidecar connected to slot 4, and the pressure sensor is likewise connected to digital i/o port 1 on the same sidecar. The sidecar drives jaguars just fine. However, the relay light stays solid red and the compressor does not start. To rule out it being a sensor issue I tried just controlling the relay directly but nothing happened, and I am not sure I coded it correctly. Could anyone offer help?

Re: Compressor/Spike Relay problems

I am having the same issue but to add to the detail WindRiver compiles the program without error but the drive station has a redl light indicating there is no robot code.

Comment

I am also having the same issue with Labview.
      I have tested the spike and I know it works.

I put a meter on both the fwd and rev pins and I am not getting any voltage coming from either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchie16 View Post
        I have also called theCompressor.start() in the autonomous mode function.
        This may be an obvious one, but are you ever entering autonomous mode? If you never switch into autonomous via the DS, the autonomous mode methods won't be called.

Originally posted by frenchie16 View Post
        The spike relay is, I am fairly certain, wired correctly to relay port 1 on the digital sidecar connected to slot 4, and the pressure sensor is likewise connected to digital i/o port 1 on the same sidecar. The sidecar drives jaguars just fine. However, the relay light stays solid red and the compressor does not start. To rule out it being a sensor issue I tried just controlling the relay directly but nothing happened, and I am not sure I coded it correctly. Could anyone offer help?
        The relay outputs on the digital sidecar have LED's which also light up to indicate a command signal being sent from the cRIO code. That helps you locate whether the problem is with code or wiring, or maybe both.

Is the LED for relay 1 on the sidecar lit? If not, your code isn't sending a command, which if you're using the WPILib Compressor class could indicate a problem with the pressure switch wiring (or the switch itself). If the LED for relay 1 on the sidecar is lit, the problem lies somewhere with the wiring and/or the spike.

- Ron
        Team #2607 controls mentor

Comment

to the compressor problem

i am using c++ but i had the same problem and i got it to work turns out it was not my fault either, it was wired wrong but then there was an allocation problem and i just set the channels not the slots ex. compressor = new Compressor(1,1); and that worked fine but i dont think it hurts to put in the slots to

Comment

Working...
          X