Sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad

Why are there such limited quantities of the items that teams can actually use? We really only wanted a crio and a battery. Doesn't this violate the COTS intent? I would rather have my teams registration cost reduced than have this. We may not use our "credits".

Re: Sad

The quantity limits are to ensure that as many teams have access to the high value parts as possible (although, inherent to FIRST Choice is the fact that there aren't enough of all items for all teams). Limited quantities in FIRST Choice do not limit teams' access to the same COTS parts via other distribution channels (e.g. https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-19103 for a cRIO).
    FIRST
    Kit of Parts Manager

Comment

I agree with yorkkm. I would rather get more stuff in the kit of parts then have the FirstChoice system. Anything of much use is gone too fast. It's just one more thing to stress over during an already very stressful build season.

Comment

Thank you for your added feedback.

Agreed, we also want to get teams as much "stuff" as possible - in FIRST Choice, the Kickoff Kit, and in the Virtual Kit. Unfortunately, not all donations can accommodate the huge number of teams we have. Instead of saying "no thank you" to those items, we created FIRST Choice as a way to still get those items to FRC teams. We'll continue to try to fortify inventory in FIRST Choice as much as we can.
        FIRST
        Kit of Parts Manager

Comment

Working...
        X