Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot connect to roboRIO

Hello.
    I'm at the step where I'm trying to download the JRE onto our roboRIO from a PC and I keep getting there error message that the Java installer tool could not connect to the roboRIO after 5 tries. It is probably some network setting I'm ot getting right, although I've tried a lot of stuff. Any hints? Do I need to do something else, like download an image, before downloading the JRE?
    Thanks.
    Jeff

Re: Cannot connect to roboRIO

Originally posted by Team956 View Post
    Hello.
    I'm at the step where I'm trying to download the JRE onto our roboRIO from a PC and I keep getting there error message that the Java installer tool could not connect to the roboRIO after 5 tries. It is probably some network setting I'm ot getting right, although I've tried a lot of stuff. Any hints? Do I need to do something else, like download an image, before downloading the JRE?
    Thanks.
    Jeff
    Yes, the roboRIO must be imaged before downloading the JRE. I have just updated the java installer document to hopefully clarify this for others. I recommend following the steps in the Getting Started manual, in order, to get your Control System up and running: http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/4485/m/13503
    FIRST®
    FRC Robotics Engineer

Comment

Re: Cannot connect to roboRIO

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X